In 2017, we offered the inaugural Computer Science Institute for regional educators. Here's some of the feedback:
- "I have shied away from using CS in my teaching, but this workshop helped me to think about it differently."
- "I learned so many things that will help me propel my school toward a CS and STEM learning environment."
- "I learned an incredible amount, gained confidence, and am grateful that it was open to the greater Charlottesville community."
- "I discovered how much I personally enjoy CS activities:)"
- "Grateful for the opportunity to participate! Kim & Zach are engaging and make the CS seem less intimidating."
- "CS is not scary. Just get out there and play around!! Teach our students to teach themselves."
We are collaborating with UVA Curry School of Education to bring back the CS Institute in 2019! Mark your calendars now for July 23-25. The purpose of the CS Institute is to help K-12 educators from all disciplines learn about computer science and find ways to incorporate it into their teaching. Along the way, we will:
- Demystify computer science;
- Build a regional computer science education community;
- Increase access to CS for all students