Last year we offered the Learn to Learn: Computer Science Institute for regional educators. Here's some of the feedback:
- "I have shied away from using CS in my teaching, but this workshop helped me to think about it differently."
- "I learned so many things that will help me propel my school toward a CS and STEM learning environment."
- "I learned an incredible amount, gained confidence, and am grateful that it was open to the greater Charlottesville community."
- "I discovered how much I personally enjoy CS activities:)"
- "Grateful for the opportunity to participate! Kim & Zach are engaging and make the CS seem less intimidating."
- "CS is not scary. Just get out there and play around!! Teach our students to teach themselves."
This year, we are offering hands-on training to educators through our SPARK! Summer programming. If you work with elementary, middle or high school students and are looking for ideas and inspiration for the coming year, then please consider joining us for a day or more at SPARK! Summer.
- July 2-13: SPARK! Launchpad (high school)
- July 30-Aug 3: SPARK! Exploration (middle school)
- August 6-10: Bio-Med Tech-Girls (high school)